Monday, March 30, 2020

Tuesday, March 31, 2020.

Another great day of learning in Kindergarten:)


Miss seeing you all! 👀

Day 30 of Lent

Let us start the day in prayer: Hail Mary, Our Father and the Pledge of The Allegiance:)

*** You have Gym class today.  Please check Mrs. McFadden's blog.  I know how much you love this class. :)

Please write in your journal. Today is Tuesday, March 31, 2020. Today is lamb or lion day. (you can decide on that) Today is the last of March and we will have gym class.

Reading/Phonics:
Trace and Write: pg. 331-322. Here is a video to watch to about writing the letter Zz.
https://youtu.be/qDU_jJLOoeo

Pg. 331: Practice writing the letter Zz. Write the letter Z under the pictures that begin with Z
pg 332. #1. picture is a seed. Write beginning sound of seed.
#2. Picture is a zipper.Write beginning sound

#3. picture is jam.  write the word jam.
#4.  write the word 6.

Listen and spell.
1. write : zap
2. Write the sentence: I zip up my bag.

Word Study: Blends
Here are some words for you to write. (homework book, journal piece of paper)
https://youtu.be/RCCFqWV8S7E Here is a video to watch about different blends.
  1. flip
  2. lip
  3. spill
  4. pill
  5. sled
  6. led
  7. stop
  8. top
**When two consonants are together in a word, we can often blend the two sounds together to read the word. **. When we remove the first sound it makes a new word. 

How about a little Yoga Stretch? Namaste, girls and boys.:)

Math: pg. 103-104 
Pg. 103: Match heads and tails to the correct coins.
Pg 104: Count on From Dimes and Quarters
 https://youtu.be/9I7TZN3mq0s. This video is counting pennies and dimes
https://youtu.be/pfDQ5SbB-Xs.  This video is counting pennies and nickels
** I did not see a video with quarters and pennies.;( But that's ok.  We know that when we see a quarter , we know the value is 25 cents and then we count on after 25 by one's (when we see pennies.)
** Parents, do you happen to have some coins to "count on" with?  If you do not it's fine, I understand.  We can  also review the concept of "fair trade".

5 pennies = 1 nickel
10 pennies 1 dime
25 pennies =1 quarter.
** This could be a good review to show a "Fair Trade".
When we count on with coins, we need to start with the coin that has the highest value. (especially when we count with pennies)
Also, I also remind the children that larger coin does not always represent the greater amount. This is the case with dimes and nickels. Dime are worth more that the larger nickel.


Science/Social Studies: Transportation: How do you get from one place to another.
   Here are a few examples:  (Can you think of some more? You can write them in your journal , homework book, piece of paper.)
On Land:
bus
roller skates
car
train
On Water: 
sailboat
canoe
submarine
ship
In the Air
helicopter
rocket
air plane
hot air balloon

 Here is a book titled: If I Built a Car,  by Chris Van Dusen.  Here is a video for the read aloud.
https://youtu.be/cEgEPZwfPBk

After you read/listen to this book, please write this sentence and fill in the blank.
"If I built a ______________________________." (any type of transportation )
Can you please illustrate a picture to go along with the sentence?


Means of Transport Riddles: (you can write the answers in homework book, journal, piece of paper)

I have a bell and a loud whistle, too.
I can carry lots of people and things.
I may be long.  I may be short.
My wheels roll only on rails.
I am a _________.


I am very fast.
I carry passengers from city to city.
I can fly for hours.
I land at airports.
I am a _______________.

I have two wheels.
I have no motor.
Sometimes I have a bell or a horn.
You can ride on me.
I am a _________.

I carry lots of people.
I pick them up and drop them off.
I might travel from city to city.
I might only go from block to block.
I am a______________________.


Religion: Let's pray 3 Hail Marys for Our world and for each other:)
Please color the paper that says Thanks be to God.
Can you please write 3 things that you are Thankful for. (if you can think of more ...great!!)
You can write this on the back of this piece of paper, if you would like. :)

Ok! I hope you had a great day!!
Miss you all.
United in Prayer!🙏