Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Thursday, March 26, 2020.

Another great day of learning in Kindergarten:)

Let us start day in prayer: Hail Mary, Our Father and The Pledge of the Allegiance :)
Day 26 of Lent.

Please write in your journal: Today is Thursday, March 26, 2010. Today is a lion or lamb day. (you can decide on that)
Please write this riddle and write your answer: You fly me in the sky and I rhyme with white. What am I? Please write your answer and illustrate a picture.

Reading/Phonics:
Trace, Write and Build pg. 319-320

  1. Trace and write words. 
  2. Cut out picture and glue them under the correct beginning sound. 
  3. Can you write down some words that you can sound out. Try your best!
Phonemic Awareness:
Ask you child the following words and ask for either beginning, middle or ending sound
Beginning : up, yes, dig, quit
Middle: cut, head, lock, neck
End: yell, jam, tub, sick


Today we are going to read "Slowly, Slowly, Slowly," said the Sloth, written by Eric Carle 
 Here is a cute video for you to listen to and follow along with the words:https://youtu.be/gDsYTyUBfAY

Discuss the Text
Within the text

  • The sloth moves in a special way, doesn't he? What does the sloth do "slowly, slowly, slowly"? 
  • There are other animals in this book besides the sloth. What other animals characters are in this book? What do the other animals say to the sloth?
Beyond the Text
  • What does the sloth think of himself? What do you think of the sloth?
  • What lessons do you think the other animals learn from the sloth?
About the Text
  • What did you notice about Eric Carle's illustrations in this book?
  • Why do you think Eric Carle wrote this book? 
**Please think of an animal and think of a question the animal might ask the sloth.
 Illustrate a picture and write the question the animal would ask the sloth.

For example: "What do you like to eat?' the elephant asked.  Please write this sentence in your homework book. Or on another piece of paper.  


Can you practice reading your book Yes book?  Can you please review your sight words?  Remember the 2 new sight words this week? all and read

Let's practice some more word families. Practice writing these words in your homework book or another piece of paper.

-in
pin
fin
bin
Can you think of 2 more words to add to this word family.


Math 
* This paper is in the brown envelope.
Pg 91 & 92 Problem -Solving Strategy -Write a Number Sentence
Pg. 92 Take Away. 50
Also pages 249-250.  This paper was in your child's folder.( I do not think I assigned this paper.  If I did please let me know.)
Vertical Addition 
On page 250. The children have to include the bottom addend number.


Science/Social Studies: Here is a riddle.
Who Am I?
I'm fluffy and warm in my furry coat
Although  we look similar, I'm not a goat!
I live in a herd which is a large mass
And during the day, I eat lots of grass.
Farmers trim me, the turn me and pull!
They don't stop until they get all my wool!
Who Am I?
Here is a cute video.
Can you please write a sentence about the answer? I am a _______________.  Please illustrate a picture too. 
https://youtu.be/gDsYTyUBfAY

See if you can unscramble these words: Parents, this might be challenging  (sorry) I could give the beginning sound and maybe the ending sound.  (write answers in homework book, paper etc,..)

  1. amr: clue: male sheep___________
  2. dshreehp: clue: cares for the sheep___________
  3. mable: clue: baby sheep_____________
  4. eew: clue: female sheep:______________ 

Religion:pg 203 & 204
Let's pray 3 Hail Mary for our whole world and for each.

Jesus showed us how to pray.
pg. 203put a check next to pictures that show where you pray with others.
pg. 204 color in the name of the Lord's Prayer.

Ok, boys and girls! I hope you had a good day!

United in Prayer:)